How to Pray for Missionaries
Practical Praying For Missionaries
I. Why do we need to pray for missionaries?
A. They are real people. They deal with day-to-day issues just like us — not as easily though.
They are not exempt from loneliness, frustration, new diet, etc.
B. They are special people. They are "called". Acts 13:1-3
II. How should we pray for missionaries?
Specifically. Just like we pray for our family — health, struggles, etc.
1. Sunday — Spiritual life
- The missionary's prayer life. (priorities, no distractions, not too busy)
- The missionary's quiet time. (consistent)
2. Monday — Money
- The Missionary's support needs.
- The Missionary's personal stewardship.
3. Tuesday— Team Members
- Relationships with field and home office leadership.
- Relationships with co-workers.
- Relationships with Nationals (blending of cultural differences)
4. Wednesday — Witness
- Boldness — Eph. 6:18-19
- Open Doors — Col. 4:2-3
- Clarity — Col. 4:4
- Results — I Thess. 3:11
- Temptation to develop wrong attitudes and motivations.
- Temptation to be inactive and give up.
- Temptation to be impure (thoughts or motives).
6. Friday — Family
- The Missionary's marriage.
- The Missionary's children.
- The Missionary's Extended Family (in the US).
7. Saturday — Safety
- Travel (thousands of miles each year).
- Health (different cultures treat differently).